1. Your contract is with us, Gozo Hills Bed & Breakfast, Xaghra, Gozo, Malta.
Please present Passport or I.D card on arrival.
2. You may request a booking in person, by telephone, by e-mail, in writing or by Electronic communication through one of our Channels.
3. You may only make a booking on behalf of someone else if you are authorised to do so and provided that you agree to be responsible for that person’s compliance with these terms as if they were the person making the booking.
4. Bookings are non-transferable.
5. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your booking request. No booking request shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we confirm to you that we have accepted your booking request.
6. If you have any special requirements (for example, because of infirmity or disability) please let us know at the time of booking. We will endeavour to accommodate your requirements, but our ability to do so is dependant on what these are and on the availability of a suitable room.
7. You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking.
9. We reserve the right to ask you to pay some or all of the price of your booking in advance.
Rooms and reservations are confirmed by a Deposit, which is done in the booking period by E-mail by bank transfer. If a deposit is not received after 10 days from the booking period, bookings will automatically be cancelled.
10. The price for each room per night is (except in the case of obvious errors) as advertised on our web site at the relevant time (https://gozohills.com), unless we notify you of a different price at the time of your booking. Unless stated otherwise, all charges are exclusive of VAT which (if applicable) you must also pay us at the standard rate applicable at the date of your stay.
11. The price includes overnight occupancy of a double room by one or two adults (plus children in the circumstances set out below) and the following morning’s breakfast. No more than two adults may occupy the room. Breakfast is served at the times advertised on our web site, or as otherwise advised to you upon arrival. Other meals are not included in the price.
12. The price does not include the cost of any other of our chargeable services which you might use during your stay, such as the cost of external telephone calls or use of the honesty bar. You will be charged for any use you make of these services at the rates current at the time of your stay.
ECO Contribution Tax Effective June 1, 2016
Beginning June 1, 2016, per the Maltese government, a new ECO Contribution tax of 0.50c EUR per day, per guest over 18 years of age will be applied on all stays. The ECO tax is included in the room rates and will be added to the total bill at checkout. The cap is a maximum of 5 EUR per person, per stay. Please contact Gozo Hills reception for further information.
13. The price of your booking is payable in full on your scheduled day of departure, less any advance payments we might have already received from you.
14. If you fail to settle your account upon departure, your credit or debit card will be charged for the full amount due.
15. By entering into a contract with us, you accept responsibility for paying all charges due to us under the contract. By providing your credit/debit card details to us when making your booking you are irrevocably authorising us to debit your card by the amount of this charge (and any other charges due to us under this contract).
16. Payment may be made in cash, by cheque or by most credit/debit cards.
17. Your room will normally be available for you from 1pm on your scheduled day of arrival. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 10pm so that we can make sure someone is available to check you in. Unless we specifically agree otherwise with you, you must vacate your room by 10am on your scheduled day of departure. If you do not do so, you will be charged for one further night’s accommodation. Room keys/swipe cards must be returned to reception on departure.
Early Arrival Policy:
Guests arriving before the 1PM check-in time may store their luggage in our luggage room.
Early Departure Policy:
Guests departing early will be charged for the full reserved stay.
18. You may cancel your booking at any time before 10 am twenty-four hours before your scheduled date of arrival without incurring a cancellation charge, provided that you make the cancellation in writing (in accordance with paragraph 33).
19. If you cancel your booking after the time stated in paragraph 18, or if you do not take up your booking (a “no-show”), you will be charged for one night’s accommodation.
Breakfast is served between 8 am and 9 am daily in our dining room on ground floor where also a TV area is available with free WIFI.
For your convenience Free Tea and Coffee Service is in every room together with Free WIFI.
Family Plan Policy: The standard occupancy in the majority of our rooms is 3 persons, should a 4th person be staying within the same room this can be accommodated at an extra charge per night, according to season prices. Children between the age of 5 & 11 years pay half price per night, according to season prices. Cribs/Cots are provided upon request.
20. Subject to suitable rooms being available, one or two children up to the age of 12 may share a room with one or two paying adults. There will be no additional charge for such children for whom you do not request us to provide an extra (inflatable) bed. There will be an additional charge of £10 per night for each such child for whom you do request us to provide an extra (inflatable) bed, where we are able to do so. . Children over the age of 12 must stay in their own room which will be charged at the full rate. You must let us know at the time of booking if you wish any children to share your room, and it will be our decision as to whether or not suitable rooms are available. You must not leave any children under the age of 12 unattended in your room at any time.
Friends are cordially invited to join you in our lobby or public areas but not in bedrooms.
21 Smoking is not allowed in any of our rooms. If you smoke in your room, we shall charge you an additional €100 to cover our costs to have the room cleaned.
22. We regret that, other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in your room.
Events outside our control
23. We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to our premises, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water).
Our liability to you
24. Other than in the circumstances set out in paragraph 25, in the event that a room is not available by your scheduled check-in time, our sole liability will be to use reasonable endeavours to offer you alternative accommodation at another nearby venue of a similar standard for a similar price.
25. Subject to paragraph 28, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total price of your booking. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
26. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Your liability to us
27. You will be liable for any damage you cause to your room or to other areas of our property.
28. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
29. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30. No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
31. All written communications by you to us must be sent by post to ‘Gozo Hills B&B Tulipana – Bullara Gozo Homes Triq Liberat Grech Xaghra, Gozo’ or by e-mail to [email protected] (or to such other address that we may notify to you). We may send written communications to you at either the e-mail or postal address you give us.
32. In these terms a “working day” means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Malta when banks in Malta are open for business.
33. These terms shall be governed by Maltese law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts.